Coconut oil has been my best friend lately. I use this stuff in the kitchen, put it in smoothies, in oatmeal and on my skin. So why not use it as an overnight hair mask? I red so many great things about it. So I figured it was worth the try. Here is my quick and easy recipe for this wonderful coconut & honey hair mask!
There are many benefits when it come to coconut oil for hair. To name a few: it reduces protein loss in both damaged an undamaged hair, it has a cooling effect on your scalp (for all those hotheads out there), it takes really good care of dry hair, does wónders for splits ends and it might even help reducing hair loss and grey hair.
♥ Use unrefined raw Coconut oil.
♥ If you feel like your hair could use some serious damage control, add some raw honey as well.
1. Wash your hands
2. Rinse your hair with water and make it a bit dry with a towel.
3. Coconut oil melts to the touch, so there is no need to pre-melt before putting it on your hair. Put 1 or 2 big spoons of coconut oil in a bowl and add some honey if you feel like it.
4. Put it in your hair. The thicker your hair, the more mask you need. Just make sure you cover all bits of hair.
4. Leave it in overnight. Put a towel around your pillow so your pillow won’t get all greasy. Some people prefer to use a shower cap, but we want our hair to be able to breath a little. This choice is up to you.
5. Wash it out in the morning and style your hair the way you usually do.
Your hair will probably feel softer and healthier then ever. This will last until your next wash up. Use this overnight hair mask at least once a month.
Are you going to try it out?
Let me know!
Follow me on Social Media!